Fair Trade Towns
Making your town a Fair Trade town
Fair Trade Towns are sprouting up all over the nation. Supporters of Fair Trade are working together to raise awareness and gain Fair Trade support from their communities.
Fair Trade Towns USA is a national movement working to make cities across the nation into “Fair Trade Towns.”
The movement aims to involve community activists and Fair Trade-supporting businesses in developing a permanent platform for continued Fair Trade support in their communities.
How can my town become a Fair Trade Town?
Here are 5 goals you need to meet to make your town a Fair Trade Town:
1. Organize a steering committee in your community that meets on a regular basis.
2. Reach out to retailers in your community who support Fair Trade and invite them to join.
3. Reach out to your community , especially to organizations and institutions who have a strong voice, and get them involved.
4. Gain media attention to help raise awareness and get the attention of the officials of your community.
5. Get your city council/governing body to pass a resolution supporting Fair Trade and the local campaign.
Working in your local Fair Trade Town committee, or even starting your own, is a great way for businesses to collaborate with Fair Trade supporters in your community and increase awareness of Fair Trade and your company. We encourage everyone to get involved and make Fair Trade a permanent part of your town!
If you have any questions about becoming a Fair Trade town, contact Billy Goldsmith at email@example.com. He can provide you with a list of contacts in your community and is there to help you every step of the way!